Committing for the future
The Green Key rewards environmental protection involvement. The criteria and procedures to qualify are identical in each member country, though adjusted to local regulations, infrastructures and culture. The label is backed by UNEP, the United Nations Environment Programme and by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). The Office National de l’Eau et de l’Electricité (ONEE) also participates by managing the technical issues requiring its expertise.
Lucien Barrière Hôtels & Casinos is the first French hotel & casino company to obtain ISO 14001 certification.
Lucien Barrière Hôtels & Casinos, casino leader in France and Switzerland and main actor on the luxury hotel & leisure markets, has just obtained the ISO 14001 European standard for all its sites in France. Managing over 7,000 employees at work, protecting the environment and biodiversity of the destinations where our resorts are implanted, the condition of future generations … these are the commitments our company has backed from the start /since day one.
Planète Barrière is the logo of our company’s Sustainable Development Plan that encompasses the 60 Barrière establishments which have obtained ISO 14001 certification (casinos, hotels, golf clubs, tennis clubs, culinary laboratories and head office).
Our company’s high standards, both environmental and societal, aim to place Lucien Barrière Hôtels & Casinos in an impact prevention and limitation dynamic for the 21st century and future.
The objectives focus on 3 environmental:
• Reduce energy consumption by 10% (energy & water)
• Fully separate dangerous waste
• Reduce paper use by 10%.
and societal commitments:
• Accompany players and prevent risky situations by increasing our Responsible Gaming programme
• Pursue and spread our Handicap agreement to integrate, accompany and ensure work satisfaction employees with handicaps
• Spread our plan of action about difficulties at work, in all the sectors: gaming, restaurants, hotels and also the older employees…
Lucien Barrière Hôtels & Casinos’ sustainable development plan can be seen in daily eco-responsible actions and in societal commitments.
• Pop Earth, the 1st eco-citizen Champagne by Pommery
• Selection of treatments and organic products at the U Spa
• Range of natural essence bath products
• Waste sorting in your room
• Your bill on recycled paper
• Suppliers’ deliveries in reusable containers
• Our partners’ commitment to our ethical charter
• Waste sorting & organic waster recycling
• Eco-citizen training for our staff
• Preference for local organic or faire trade produce